Friday 17 September 2010

Awesome Free From Pancakes


I came across this egg free pancake recipe from a blog (Art of Dessert) today and adapted it to be also wheat free and dairy free.

Horray they turned out just like proper pancakes. I have popped a few in the freezer as they might be good for quick snacks.

Love that Izzie won't miss out on one of my childhood favourite treats. We used to make pancakes with lemon & sugar on Sunday evenings using juicy fresh lemons from my mums tree's.

2 cups gluten free flour (I used Doves Farm)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons gluten free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups diary free milk (I used Oatly)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup melted dairy free butter (I used Pure)

Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, oil and orange juice. Slowly add in the melted butter. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto a hot nonstick pan. Cook until you see a few bubbles rise to the surface and it's dry around the edges, then flip over to cook the other side until lightly browned. Serve syrup, jam or fresh fruit etc

No comments:

Post a Comment